Undergraduate Advising Executive Committee
UAEC is intended to serve as a conduit of information about undergraduate student advising to university leadership while providing needed guidance on advising best practice implementation for all undergraduate academic units. The UAEC is supported by Academic Success.
The purpose of the UAEC is to serve as the leadership and advisory group representing undergraduate academic advising across the institution. This purpose is grounded in the goal of continually improving academic advising for all undergraduate students, with considerable emphasis on academic advising provided to students in transition between majors and/or academic units. To this end, the following focus areas are identified for UAEC to explore, make recommendations and/or implement relevant practices, and change as appropriate:
- Serve as the thought partner on all institutional decisions related to the student advising experience.
- Develop common policies and practices for advising of undergraduates at the University of Kansas for retention, progression, graduation and post-graduation purposes.
- Propose consistent policies practiced by schools and departments as appropriate.
- Establish shared expectations and metrics for usage of university advising tools, including but not limited to: advising tools, degree audits, and student information systems.
- Facilitate communication between the advising community and university administration.
- Advocate on behalf of advising units campus-wide when necessary.
- Promote shared training and professional development opportunities within the advising community at the university.
- Stay abreast of current trends, research and best practices in academic advising.
Current UAEC Members
Director Undergraduate Advising Center
Vice Provost Academic Success
Associate Dean, Student Affairs & Enrollment Management School of Nursing
Director, Advising School of Education
Director, Student Services KU Edwards
Coordinator, Recruitment & Retention School of Pharmacy
Director, Student Academic Services College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
Assistant Dean, Student Services William Allen White School of Journalism & Mass Communications
Assistant Dean, Academic Programs School of Business
Director, Student Services School of Music
Director, Undergraduate Academic Services School of Engineering
Coordinator, Design Student Services & Advising School of Architecture & Design
Assistant Dean School of Social Welfare