Submit a Nomination
Do you know an award worthy academic advisor? Someone who continually strives to go the extra mile for their students, is dedicated to their work and continued professional development, and is a role model to their students and colleagues? Someone who exemplifies excellence in academic advising? If so, nominate them today for the Advisor of the Year! The KU Advising Network and the Academic Success are seeking nominations for the 2020 KU Advisor of the Year Award. The purpose of this award is to recognize a KU academic advisor who has demonstrated the qualities representative of outstanding undergraduate student advising.
Nominees must be full-time KU employees who spend at least 50% of their time on direct delivery of academic advising to undergraduate students.
Nominees should exemplify excellence in academic advising which can include but is not limited to:
- Care, helpfulness, and/or positivity when working with others
- Fostering an inclusive environment
- Expertise or role model in supporting a specific population of students
- Monitoring of student progress toward academic and career goals above and beyond the basic responsibilities
- Service to the advising or campus community
- Participation in and support of advisor development programs
- Mastery of institutional regulations, policies and procedures
- Availability or frequency of contact with advisees, faculty and staff
- Engagement and promotion of a particular advising style or model
- Evidence of advising that supports KU's Guiding Principles for Undergraduate Advising, NACADA's Core Values and/or CAS Standards & Guidelines for Academic Advising
- Other evidence or examples that demonstrate a continual effort to go the extra mile for students and/or colleagues
Previous winners from the last 3 years can be nominated and recognized, but are not eligible to win.
Visit our letter writing best practices for recommendations and resources for submitting quality nominations.
All nominees will be recognized and the winner announced on Twitter (follow @KUvpugs).
The award winner will receive funding to attend the National NACADA conference or another professional development opportunity of their choosing during the 2020-21 academic year. All nominees will receive copies of their nomination letter(s) following the award ceremony.
Nominations for the 2020 Advisor of the Year award closed May 15, 2020. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.