KU Advising Network
The KU Advising Network (KUAN) is comprised of academic advisors and student service professionals from across the university. The KUAN fosters opportunities for professional growth, personal development, and community building. The KUAN also provides a forum for discussion and the exchange of ideas, resources, best practices, and information regarding academic advising within the campus community.
The purpose of the KUAN is to foster a community among academic advisors and student service professionals while at the same time providing opportunities for professional development and sharing of ideas. The following values support the purpose of the KUAN and guide the Executive Board as they support the network:
- Accessibility - consider the needs of individuals in order to support engagement within the advising community
- Collaboration - promote efficient and effective working relationships with campus partners and within the advising community.
- Communication - facilitate the sharing of ideas, initiatives, and information inside the academic advising community while strengthening the awareness of academic advising across campus.
- Community – develop a community of academic advisors through connections, relationships, and networks.
- Diversity - provide support and initiatives that are inclusive of multiple identities and perspectives.
- Innovation - encourage creative thinking, discovery, and intentionality to provide an excellent academic advising experience for students
- Recognition - showcase the value the advising profession brings to the campus community through the recognition of academic advisors for their initiatives, ideas, service, expertise, and contribution to student success.
The KUAN is supported by Academic Success.
Fall 2020 Calendar of Events
Virtual Convening #1:
Wednesday, September 9
3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Virtual Workshop (Topic TBD):
Thursday, October 29
Workshop 3:30-4:30 p.m./Happy Hour 4:30 p.m.
Virtual Brown-bag Conversation (Topic TBD):
Wednesday, November 11
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Virtual Professional Development Event (Topics TBD):
Monday, December 7
Please fill out this form if you have any dietary restrictions or other accommodations.
Contact KUAN at firstname.lastname@example.org.